FIRST FRUIT, INC.
Grants Data Analyst
First Fruit, Inc. is a family foundation established in 1976, guided by the Christian faith and values of Gail and Peter Ochs. Their relational approach to philanthropy has influenced the foundation’s strategies for more than 40 years. Today, we continue to operate at the intersection of faith and international development in eighty-five of the world’s poorest nations, working with NGOs that recognize and engage faith communities to be agents of transformation. With an emphasis on investing in indigenous leaders, our programs seek to alleviate poverty, develop leaders and serve the less and least reached.
In 2017, First Fruit embarked on the development of a new strategic plan which has ignited a season of organizational change. With this comes a renewed vision to sharpen our focus and deepen relationships. Thus, the foundation is experiencing an exciting and unique time of increased creativity and innovation.
As a result, First Fruit has created the position of Grants Data Analyst to play a strategic role in gathering, analyzing and visualizing information (internal and external) in support of the foundation’s mission.
Are you attracted to a work environment where you can apply your professional skills and cultivate your desire for learning and growth? Are you interested in small-team settings that integrate work and faith, while being part of a mission that empowers Christian nonprofit organizations worldwide?
We are seeking talented individuals who are inspired by First Fruit’s mission and vision, with an ability to share and demonstrate the Core Values that define our culture.
Location: Newport Beach, CA
Position Type: Full-time
Reports To: Chief of Staff
Please submit a cover letter and resume to Joanne Whitman at firstname.lastname@example.org. Resumes will be reviewed as they are received. No phone calls, please.
The Grants Data Analyst will play a strategic role in the design and implementation of improvements in our grantmaking processes. S/he will manage, with guidance from the Chief of Staff, various research projects to ensure alignment with the foundation’s overall mission and goals. An immediate focus of this position will be to transform data management from a manual to an automated process, ensuring accurate and efficient reporting and payments of grants.
Systems / Process Design
- Oversees the grants management CRM (Salesforce) including design, maintenance, and workflow processes and procedures.
- Ensures accurate collection and reporting of grants data.
- Develops and maintains critical Salesforce features, such as dashboards, forms, templates, reports, and data structure, to remain current and relevant to both the evaluation and decision-making of grant opportunities.
- Serving as the data hub for the foundation, s/he contributes to producing data-driven insights to inform the foundation’s strategic direction.
- Analyzes and identifies trends in our giving and reports those findings to management.
- Utilizes credible information from global resources systematically, like Lausanne and the UNDP, to support the development of the foundation’s strategies.
- Contributes toward the organization’s desire to understand and surface the foundation’s story of impact and effectiveness through our data.
- Manages grants through their lifecycle (from sourcing to payout of grants to year-end reporting), while ensuring proper due diligence at each stage.
- Provides support for staff in the use of Salesforce to ensure data integrity and consistency of process. This role includes running reports and creating dashboards per staff requests.
- Serves as primary point of contact for external in-person, online, and telephone inquiries and unsolicited grant requests. Additional office duties as needed.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field is required.
- Experience: The ideal candidate will have a minimum of three years in data management with experience in a philanthropic, nonprofit, or related organization. Knowledge of grants management software is essential, preferably Salesforce, as is proficiency with Microsoft Office applications and internet research. The successful candidate will understand best practices in grantmaking with a demonstrated commitment to continuous process improvement.
- Skills: This individual will be a strategic thinker with proven analytical and problem-solving skills. The ideal candidate will enjoy organizing and creating meaning out of data. This position requires excellent attention to detail, a commitment to accuracy, and the ability to meet deadlines. Strong organizational skills combined with initiative, resourcefulness, and the ability to manage multiple priorities with minimal direction are essential. Because the nature of the role includes regular interactions with our board, grantees, and other constituents, this individual must possess exceptional oral, written, and interpersonal communications skills, while also being a good listener.
- Character: This individual will be a mature, active Christ-follower who is sensitive to people’s needs and possesses a gracious manner. S/he will have an ability to be adaptable to a variety of cross-cultural challenges. The successful candidate will have the ability to understand and consider organizational culture and change and should be open-minded, flexible in approach, and willing to adapt when necessary. S/he will be self-disciplined with the demonstrated ability to work collaboratively as part of a team. S/he should be confident to think and speak independently, while being collegial, respectful, and possessing a good sense of humor. This person will take a relational approach to the work, valuing those with whom s/he interacts, treating them with dignity and respect and exhibiting qualities of a servant leader.
First Fruit Culture
We aim to create a workplace culture that demonstrates a strong commitment to our Core Values and Operating Principles. If you identify with these values and principles, we invite you to apply.
- Core Values
- Dependence on God
- Richness of Relationship
- Attitude of Learning
- Strength in Diversity
- Joy in Stewardship
- Operating Principles
- Strive to Make Lasting and Significant Impact
- Highly Value Quality Leaders in the Majority World
- Make Decisions that Integrate Compassion, Strategy, and Good Stewardship
- Work Generously, Flexibly, and Collaboratively with Others
- Be Willing, Thoughtful Risk Takers
- Be Purposeful about Developing a Dynamic Base of Wisdom
Salary / Benefits
This position offers full-time benefits, including health/dental/vision insurance, life, and long-term disability insurance and retirement program. In support of the foundation’s attitude of learning, First Fruit offers educational assistance along with opportunities for growth. In alignment with our founders’ calling of generosity, we offer an Employee Matching Gifts program to promote staff personal giving toward qualified organizations. Salary will be based on education and experience and will coincide with similar family foundations.